Tribulus has become one of the best known and most popular herbal supplements because it is widely believed to enhance stamina and strength. Among other things, tribulus is known to be a natural muscle builder and have effects similar to steroids.
If that was not enough, tribulus is viewed as a natural aphrodisiac and a treatment for erectile dysfunction and impotence in traditional Chinese medicine. Tribulus is also used to treat a wide variety of other health problems including headaches, heart problems, and even diabetes in traditional Chinese medicine. It was also widely used in the traditional medicine of many other nations including Turkey.
Outside of China, tribulus is well-known in bodybuilding circles because it is a natural muscle builder. Professional athletes and bodybuilders take it because it builds up muscle.
So What is Tribulus Anyway?
Tribulus is a supplement that is harvested from the tribulus terrestius, a plant that is also known as the puncture vine or bindii. In its natural form, tribulus can be quite dangerous. Among other things, it can cause lung problems.
When it is harvested and processed into a powder, tribulus becomes a potent powder that can have very interesting effects on people. Basically, tribulus works sort of like a steroid: it contains two chemicals called steroidal saponins. Like steroids, these chemicals stimulate the body to create more of certain hormones including estrogen and DHEA.
Tribulus might stimulate the development of other hormones including human growth hormone and testosterone. Scientific studies have verified the ability of tribulus to stimulate estrogen and DHEA production but not testosterone production. There have been reports of scientific studies in Russia and Bulgaria that confirm tribulus as a stimulant for testosterone production.
These hormones stimulate the growth of muscle and the healing process so they can strengthen the body. By increasing strength and stamina, tribulus can increase sexual functions.
Tribulus is usually consumed in powdered form three times a day with meals. It can be taken in capsules or mixed into food and beverage. Bodybuilders usually take tribulus with food or drink because it will be processed faster and more efficiently that way.
The standard dosage is between 80 and 250 milligrams of tribulus. You will need to take quite a bit of it to be effective. Most experts recommend taking 20 to 30 milligrams of tribulus for each kilogram of weight in your body.
Tribulus and Blood Sugar
Even though it is widely known as a treatment for sexual dysfunction and a muscle builder, tribulus also has effects on the blood sugar. Tribulus can lower the level of blood sugar so it might help persons prevent diabetes and the effects of metabolic syndrome.
It should be noted here that tribulus is not known to be a treatment for diabetes but it might prevent the development of type II diabetes. That is why doctors recommend that persons being treated for health problems related to blood sugar such as diabetes and hypoglycemia not take tribulus.
A Few Things that You might know about Tribulus
There are a few interesting facts about tribulus that you might not be aware of. These fun facts include the following:
- Tribulus is so potent that it was used by Olympic athletes to enhance performance in the 1990s.
- The US National Institutes of Health and the Russian and Bulgarian governments have done research into the effects of tribulus on human beings.
- The effect of tribulus is so similar to steroids that it can create a false positive on an athlete’s drug tests.
- Even though tribulus is regarded as a Chinese herb, one of the most famous sources of it is Bulgaria.
- Tribulus is only effective in building up muscles when it is combined with strenuous exercise such as weight training.
- Tribulus has been used to treat erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in China for centuries.
- Tribulus is so potent that doctors recommend that pregnant women don’t take it because of the effect it can have on infants.
- Tribulus contains so much estrogen that it can cause breasts to grow in men who take it.
- Tribulus was also part of traditional Turkish medicine for many centuries. Bulgaria was once part of the Turkish Empire which is how it first got to Europe.
- Tribulus is a good source of antioxidants which can eliminate free radicals which damage cells and can lead to cancer.
- Some research has shown that tribulus increases the body’s production of luteinizing hormone which is the building block of testosterone.
As you can see, tribulus is one of the most potent herbal supplements around. It is so potent that people have to be careful how they use it.
BUY Tribulus Terrestris 20:1 Extract on AMAZON – http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZZKXU0